Friday, July 5, 2013

The Lone Ranger (2013) : Jumpig around in a Disney style.

Critic 1

 

And a once more Johnny Depp (as Tonto) gets his kicks with a messy head robe. I was mildly positively surprised about this movie. I feared that it would be like in certain pirate movies where in some point it feels that the dangling in the ropes is the main thing or in adventures of certain archeology teacher where jumping in between moving cars rises to spotlight in certain sections. But there was something similar though... A very entertaining movie never the less. Armie Hammer is an excellent choice for the Lone Ranger role. Just as much an American Golden Boy than one can possibly be. The visual effects were nice in general but some corners were cut.... The humor in the movie did not sink into me as well as in general audience. Many of the jokes were kind of obvious or just plainly lame. A good date movie. Will not rise any strong feelings moral vise.       
 

Critic 2


This was a funny western movie. Somehow I remember that I have heard from Lone Ranger and Tonto when I was a child, but I can't recall was it a comic, a book or tv series. There was quite much action in the movie. Jokes were quite funny and I was happy that they had updated them for modern times. A masked gunfighter was probably really cool about eighty years ago, but today you will need also something more and I was glad that the writers of the film had realized that. The movie was better than I expected and I have to say that I was positively surprised. The leading actors were great and visual effects were good. It was also great to see a 2D movie for a change, because I hate a blurring of fast movements in 3D movies.

A good but tasteless movie.
Judgement Star: A good but tasteless movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment