Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Wolverine (2013): Like teflon.... Nothing gets stuck.....

Critic 1

 

It seems that Japan is the new black in the Hollywood. The Hunger Games rips off Battle Royale, Skyfall rips off the Japanese ghost towns, Pasific Rim is a copy of mecha anime and The Wolverine just steals the look and feel of Japan. I have never seen anything so mediocre than this movie. Movie was nice but a day later I can not tell any highlights. I just have this "Did I actually see a movie ?"  feeling.  A totally flavorless  movie. Go and see it if you must.

Critic 2

 

This movie is a sequel for the X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I'm glad that there weren't much references for the Origins movie, since I didn't remember much what happened there. In this movie Wolverine goes to Japan. In my opinion the movie was quite good interpretation of comics where Wolverine went to Japan, but the story was altered for the movie and maybe it affected for my judgement. Somehow I was expecting more from director James Mangold, since he has directed some very good movies before. But I still think that this movie was better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine. 3D could have been better (I was hoping less blurring movements), otherwise special effects were ok. Hugh Jackman was excellent Wolverine again, Tao Okamoto as Mariko and other leading female actresses were great also. It was really nice to see that they were good actresses also, not just pretty faces. 


A very mediocre
Judgement Star: A very mediocre movie

No comments:

Post a Comment